Activity Templates are a key part of PPS. Whether you are sending out a client letter, an e-mail to thousands of your patients or confirming an appointment booking via SMS, you will inevitably start using automated templates at one point or another as they really do save you hours of work a day.
This guide will take you through the process of setting up an actual template, using merge fields and then walk you through setting up your first email activity template. We will finally run through the extra features of creating a Letter, SMS and Telephone activity template and how they differ to email templates.
Setting up your Activity Template
Reminder: As mentioned at the start of this guide, everything shown within this scenario can also be used in the relevant Letter, SMS Message and Telephone Call sections of Activity Templates as they all work in a very similar way. More information regarding these differences are displayed at the bottom of this guide.
Letters1. With the creation of a Letter Template, the Subject box is for your use only, so can be named more relevant to the practice itself.
2. Letters Using Microsoft Word (Or Kingsoft Writer) is very popular for creating letter templates as it allows you to import all of your letter text into a document that allows you complete control of fonts, text size, graphical images such as headers and footers, etc. Once you click on the button, you can start to define your own Word or Writer documents. The button is for any pre-made templates you have created outside of PPS.
3. You can define this template to also print an Address Label if you are printing a letter that is going into a non-windowed envelope.
SMS Message1. With the creation of an SMS Template, the Subject box is for your use only, so can be named more relevant to the practice itself.
2. 160 characters are allowed in an SMS text message so bare this in mind when creating your SMS message template although you can create tenplates that utilise 2 text message credits. Try not to use merge fields that are much bigger than the merge field itself as this does count towards your text limit. For instance <<ADDRESS>> is only 11 characters but your actual clients address may be more than 100 characters.
3. Click here to view our guide on setting up your SMS Message Account
1. With the creation of a Telephone Call, the Subject box is for your use only, so can be named more relevant to the practice itself.
Labels1. If you use a label printer within your clinic then creating custom lable templates will be a useful addition. Simply enter the text and merge fields as required, and then select the appropriate size label layout as required.
This concludes the PPS Help Guide
[Video] Confirming Monthly payment
Viewed 615 times since Fri, May 20, 2011
Downloading and Installing PPS
Viewed 4329 times since Thu, May 10, 2012
Installing A Network Version
Viewed 6961 times since Tue, Oct 5, 2010
Sync Server FAQ
Viewed 805 times since Mon, Jun 18, 2012
[Video] Setting up PPS Activity Manager
Viewed 839 times since Wed, Jun 1, 2011
Updating PPS (Including Sync Server)
Viewed 3393 times since Tue, Oct 5, 2010
[Video] Using PPS Support Live Chat
Viewed 553 times since Fri, Apr 26, 2013
That Syncing Feeling
Viewed 891 times since Wed, Jun 20, 2012
Viewed 3894 times since Tue, Oct 5, 2010
PPS Sync Server Information
Viewed 1348 times since Mon, Jun 27, 2011