Setting Up Users And Appointment Diaries
Setting up system users and diary users is one of the most important aspects of PPS, and it’s worth making sure that everyone is set up correctly from the start, from simply giving them the correct Discipline, access control settings and even diary setup. The below guide is firstly split into setting up a user and their settings, and secondly takes you through the diary side of a new or even existing user.
- To setup a system user you firstly need to navigate to your PPS Menu > Tools > Setup System Users.
- From here you will need to click on the button to bring up the following screen (or click on if you already have a user selected).
Note: Please make sure that you are logged in as the system administrator before continuing otherwise you will not be able to complete the rest of this section of the guide.
- In the User Profiles screen, the main User Detail fields that need to be entered are “Full Name” and “Initials”. You don’t need to use the following 4 fields here but the more information you put into PPS, the more you will get out of it in the long run.
- User Set Up gives you the option to tick boxes to turn this user into a practioner and also set them up with an appointment diary. These will be ticked unless you are only setting up a receptionist or administration person on the system. You can also select a commission rate here, but please refer to the PPS Commission Help guide for more information.
- Log in simply allows you to give this user access to login to PPS with the username and password that you give them, along with an optional choice to force them to change their password every "x" amount of days.
- The PPS Message section simply gives you the option to change how often the user account checks for messages when they are logged in, with the optional choice of checking for new messages on exit and selecting a specific sound file to play when a message pops up on the system.
- Access Control is an area whereby you choose what sections of PPS you want your user to have access and modification rights too. Click on to see the above screen. When first creating a user, they will have full access to the system so then it is up to your discretion which features they can and cannot access.
You will also see the column on the far right called ‘Own Only’ – this is an option for users that you require to use the system but only have full access to the information they put onto the system themselves. It will not show any other clients or details. You can also simply copy user’s access details from an existing user by clicking on the button.
- Finally you can customise the left hand side blue task bar that your user sees by clicking on the Customise the task bar button. This simply gives you a list of shortcuts with tick boxes for you to decide what they will want to see. Once they log in they can modify this screen themselves.
- The user setup diary screen can be found by going to your PPS Menu > Tools > Set Up Appointment Diaries.
- In here you will see a list of numerous rows for each diary user that you have, along with numerous columns depicting each week for each of these diary users for the current year.
Note: When setting up a new diary user, they will be given a basic 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday week once they have been ticked to have a diary. This can then be modified and then continued for as long as you require.
- Once you have selected the week that you wish to create times for (or an existing week you wish to edit) then click into the correct column/row and click on the button.
- You will then be greeted with the Diary User’s Appointments Availability screen. In here you have your Monday to Sunday columns. To add your times into a day, double click a column.
- You will then be prompted a Setup Diary Slot screen. In here you can select a location if you have locations setup on the system, along with a treatment rooms and descriptions for the slots, all 3 of which can be added via your PPS Menu > Tools > Look Up tables. You then need to enter in a start time, end time and appointment duration.
Note: You can simply enter in the start time and the end time of a clinic, however this does not give any breaks on the diary for Lunch amongst other things, so it’s worth while setting up a broken down set of times, for instance - 9am to 1pm with a morning description, 1pm to 2pm with a lunch description and finally 2pm to 5pm with an afternoon description.
- Once you’ve added in your various appointment times for each day, you can then return back to the main Setup Appointment Diaries screen. You will now see the week you’ve just setup on your specific Practioner row.
- You can now click on the
button to mimic this week’s schedule for as many weeks or months as you require.
Note: If one of your practioners works the same times and days as another practioner, you can simply click on the Copy button from a diary user’s week and then you can highlight an empty slot on another diary user’s week and click on the Paste button.
Healthcode Electronic Billing
Viewed 3525 times since Tue, Jan 3, 2012
Viewed 2003 times since Tue, Oct 5, 2010
The PPS Support Utility
Viewed 670 times since Wed, Feb 15, 2012
Sync Server FAQ
Viewed 805 times since Mon, Jun 18, 2012
Adding Insurance Provider Codes
Viewed 817 times since Thu, Mar 19, 2015
PPS Sync Server Information
Viewed 1348 times since Mon, Jun 27, 2011
Installing A Network Version
Viewed 6959 times since Tue, Oct 5, 2010