Updating PPS (Including Sync Server)
This guide will take you through updating your PPS system to the latest release as long as you are using v4.0 of the software and have a valid Support Contract.
Note: In order to update PPS you need to be logged into the PC as a windows administrator.
PPS is designed for you to update the system yourself, however it may be easier or more convenient for the PPS Support team to do it for you. We are able to do this for a one-off fee, for multi-site systems the charge is per site. Please call +44 (0) 845 0680 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure that before you follow the below update process you have fully backed up your PPS system data. You can use the Backing Up article for assistance.
Note: This includes those using PPS with a call handling centre.
It is vital that you co-ordinate the update to all of your systems via your other sites and/or call handling bureau whilst PPS Sync Server is NOT running. The steps to follow are:
If you are not able to update all of your systems at the same time then it is recommended that you wait until this is possible. If you are a PPS Sync user and you do not update all systems in a strict manner, this can result in system and version incompatibility which may result in data integrity issues.
- Stop PPS Sync from running on all your systems.
- Update each of your PPS systems to the new version which will automatically update your PPS Sync Server application to the latest version as well.
- Confirm all locations have updated their system and re-indexed their database as described in the walk through below.
- Start PPS Sync on all systems.
If you are on version V4.0.49 or earlier then please contact the PPS Support team on +44 (0) 845 0680 777 and select option 2 as you will require our help with updating your system. At the time of publishing this article, this is a FOC service providing that you have a valid PPS Support Contract.
This concludes the PPS Update Help Guide
- Firstly you will need to navigate to your PPS Menu > Help > Check for Updates. From here, you can access Release Notes for past versions of the software in addition to the latest release.
Note: If you are prompted to enter an IP address, enter: "126.96.36.199,52112" then click
If you cannot connect to the update server or have a different IP address showing, please click on the button and then click the red IP address. You can now type in the IP address mentioned above.
- The following screen will now appear. This will tell you the version you are currently on, and which version you can update to. On the right hand side you should see the
button if you have not already download the latest update – click this to start your download.
- You will now be presented with the above screen. Click on
- A warning message will pop up explaining that once you click
, to leave the PPS system alone until the pop up box shows below pops up.
- Once the above box pops up, click on
- Please make sure all system users are logged out of PPS. Then click on
- Then click on
- You will now be asked to confirm the update file and then click on
- The click on
again. PPS will now shut down. PPS should now re-open at the login screen. If this doesn’t not happen after a few seconds then just open up PPS again in your usual manner.
- Once you are at the login screen, proceed to login and it will tell you that your PPS version is out of date - Click on
- The above box will pop up - Click on
- You can now login to your PPS system. Once you do it will then perform database updates. Once done the pop up box shown below will appear.
- Once you have logged in, if you navigate to your PPS Menu > Tools > Database Maintenance >
Re index Data Files. Click on to re-index all files. You will then be asked if you wish to archive your older files. You can say as this task is not essential to the update process and let it run through the re-index.
[Video] PPS system reindex
Viewed 1151 times since Fri, May 20, 2011
Viewed 4215 times since Tue, Oct 5, 2010
Viewed 2075 times since Tue, Oct 5, 2010
Recovering your PPS Database
Viewed 1269 times since Tue, Jun 28, 2011
[Video] Installing a network version
Viewed 730 times since Fri, May 20, 2011
Setting Up Users And Appointment Diaries
Viewed 1153 times since Tue, Oct 5, 2010
PPS PhysioTools Installation Guide
Viewed 2716 times since Thu, Feb 17, 2011
Viewed 888 times since Tue, Oct 5, 2010