PPS has included an integration which brings telehealth to the system! This integration will allow you to conduct video consultations through the PPS system allowing you to keep in touch and communicate with your clients remotely.
Access the video consultation feature through the consultation screen in PPS and this will generate and send a video link to the selected client.
Tip: Twilio is supported across most web browsers, like Chrome, Safari and Firefox, just ensure that the device and browser are updated to the latest version. Twilio specifies use of the most up to date browsers for communication using the most up-to-date technology for security and to maintain call connectivity.
Accessing the Video Consultation feature
a. Open the consultation screen for the relevant client and select the Start Video Consultation button.
b. You will then see the following screen that will display the client's details where the video links will be generated:
- The email address will be automatically enabled if the client has an email address entered into the system but if there is no email address you can send the link to their mobile number. Just remember to tick Enable if you are wanting to send the link to the client's mobile number.
The client's email address and mobile number will be pulled through from the details saved in the client details screen.
- You can enter the practitioner’s email address in the My Email Address field to have the video link sent to the practitioner. You will see the link on the screen but this can be used if you are sending the link one PC but conducting the video consultation on another or if you are wanting to set the links up now but are wanting to conduct the video consultation later.
- You will see a Subject entered. This is only applicable if you are sending an email. The Content will have the link that the client needs to click to enter the video chat and you can add any instructions for the client to know what to do. This content will be what is sent if you are choosing to email the client or send the link via SMS so the text should be kept short and concise.
- Select Cancel to close the screen or Start to generate the Whereby Video Consultation link. You will see the following message when the link has been generated and the email and/or SMS message has been sent to the client and/or practitioner.
Tip: The link will be automatically copied to your clipboard so you will only need to open your web browser and paste (Ctrl-v) the link into the web browser to open the link. Alternatively, if you have sent the link to yourself you can can click on the link in your email and it will open directly in your web browser.
c. Once the client has clicked on the link that they have been sent they will join you on the screen and can then conduct the consultation.
Important: Please ensure that you and your clients who intend to use this service have access to a webcam and microphone, or a smartphone with such functionality. You may also need to make sure that your web browser's settings allow the webcam and microphone to be activated.
1. The browser being used isn't allowing access to microphone or video or both:
When accessing a video consultation link on a mobile phone it should ask if you want to allow/block access to the camera and microphone. This might not occur on all browsers and devices, however, so just check the browser settings first to make sure that these settings are allowed. Have a look at the following links for the type of web browser being used for help:
2. The browser being used isn't supported:
Some older devices with web browsers that cant be updated to the latest version might not work, this is a requirement with the video chat system that we have integrated. Chrome, Firefox and Safari as well as the newer version of Edge are support up to the 2 previous versions.
If any users or clients do get a message suggesting that they need to try a different web browser it might be because the version of the browser they are currently using is not supported. This is for security and to ensure a better connection between the devices.
Have a look at the supported browsers below:
|Edge (Chromium)||Safari 11+||Firefox|
Important: These browsers will be supported up to the 2 previous versions. For example; if the latest version of Chrome for Windows is v87, this will be supported v85.
3. Ensure that the correct links are being used by the practitioner and the client
The system will generate a link and copy it to the clipboard in PPS and that is the link specifically for the practitioner to use. If you select to send an email to the practitioner from the video consultation screen the link in the email will be the same as the one copied to the clipboard for the practitioner.
This is different to the link that is sent to the client.
If 2 devices try to connect to one link then only one user will be able to join and the other user will receive a message saying that it is waiting to connect.
You will need to ensure that the practitioner and the client are using the correct links.