This guide is here to help users who have Online Booking v3 and are currently using it but want to make changes to it like add a new appointment type to be available to book online or add payment methods or update the activity templates.
Section 1 - Adding a new Appointment Type to be available to book online
If you have online booking all set up but are wanting to add a new appointment type you can follow these steps:
1. Head to Tools > Look Up Tables > Appointment Types > Open.
2. Here you will find a list of any current Appointment Types you have set up. To add a new type choose Add in the bottom corner. If you have already added the appointment type to be available in PPS but want to make it available to book online, select that appointment type from the list and select Modify.
3. Enter the details for the new appointment type. For information on each field please check this guide for explanations.
4. You then also need to add the online settings. To do this select More and enter the Display Name, tick the box to make this appointment type Available for Online Booking and tick Diary Filters to show which diary user and locations this appointment type apply to:
5. You then need to select Online Availability to manage the availability for this appointment type.
The next window which pops up will be blank the first time you access it; this is where you define what is available to your clients. Click New to add new options.
In this window you can select which locations this Appointment Type should be available for online by selecting a location from the drop-down menu. If all locations are applicable choose ‘All Locations’.
You can also select which practitioners this Appointment Type should be available for by selecting a practitioner from the drop-down menu. If all practitioners are applicable choose ‘All Practitioners’.
If only a select few of your practitioners or locations are applicable to this particular Appointment Type you will need to follow this process to add each practitioner and/or location until you can see all relevant options in your Online Profile list.
You will also need to tick the box titled ‘Available for Online Appointment Booking?’ on each profile that you set-up.
6. Once all the availability is set up save the appointment type and you should then be able to see it on your online booking.
Section 2 - Adding payment methods for Online Booking
You will need to log into the Online Booking Admin Module for these settings.
Once logged in head to Client Online Booking Process > Payment Screen.
Here you will see the payment settings where you can change the currency and add PayPal and/or Opayo payment methods.
1. Enabling PayPal
Enter your PayPal username, password, and API signature. These details can be found by logging into your PayPal account or setting up a new PayPal account if you don't already have one. PayPal’s own fees will apply.
2. Enabling Opayo
In order to use Opayo alongside your PPS Online Appointment Booking system you will need to contact our sales team so they can activate an account for you. You can send an email to email@example.com to arrange this. Only Opayo accounts set up through our sales team can be used alongside PPS Online Appointment Booking.
To use Opayo you must have a merchant bank account set up and ready to accept eCommerce payments. To use Opayo you will pay 1.5% per transaction.
Once this is all set up the Opayo Vendor details will be entered into your Admin Module and you will only need to Enable Opayo.
Section 3 - Updating online booking confirmation & reminder templates
If you already have online booking set up you should have your specific confirmation and reminder templates set up.
Important: Specific online booking templates are needed because these templates can not send with client-related merge fields included. For more of an explanation on this please have a look at this guide.
The following steps will go through updating an existing template to add or modify any information:
1. Select Tools > Activity Templates and here you will see all the activity templates that you have set up.
2. Your Online Booking templates would usually be called ‘Online Booking Confirmation’ or ‘Online Booking Reminder’ but you may have modified the names. You can always use the filters down the left-hand side to look at the specific categories of the templates.
3. Find your template and use the ‘Modify’ function to open the template to make changes to it. You will see your email or SMS Message text saved and changes can be made as needed.
If you have used the HTML Wizard or created your own HTML document for an email template this is also where updates can be made or a new HTML document attached.
Tip: Remember you can use the Merge Field button to copy any specific merge fields that you need for the template.
4. Save your template and that will update the template that is sent to clients for your online bookings.