Sending your Activities Automatically
Important: You will need to have a system on one of our servers in order to send the activities automatically through Activity Manager.
If you have a system hosted on our servers you will be able to send activities automatically through Activity Manager.
Activity Manager will be set up automatically if you have PPS Express or Online Booking but you might need to request it if you have a PPS hosted system. Just check with the Support Team to see if you have Activity Manager set up or if you are eligible for it.
Section 1 - What is Activity Manager?
Activity Manager is a process that will run on our Servers and process outstanding Activities. If you have online booking it will process any confirmations at the time that the client books the appointment and it can even send out a birthday SMS on a client's birthday!
Section 2 - Setting up
Activity Manager will use the settings that you have in PPS to process your confirmations and reminders. If your appointment diary options are set to send the confirmation email and/or SMS messages automatically and your reminders automatically Activity Manager will pick it up and process them.
You can use this guide for help in setting up the activity templates needed and linking them to your appointment diary options.
Activity Manager will be set to process at specific times of the day, these would be your clinic's opening hours usually.
You can also specify a PPS user to be notified in the instance that an activity fails to send. This can then be investigated in the PPS system.
Section 3 - Troubleshooting
Reasons that an activity could fail to send could be:
- Due to a lack of SMS credits on the account if you have an activity set up for texts.
- The client might not have provided a valid email address/mobile number or the field in PPS where the email address/mobile number for the client stored might be blank and therefore hold nothing to send to.
- An incorrect merge field in the template could also be causing issues and you can check the merge fields that you are using in this guide.
- There are some settings that do not sync in PPS so, if you make changes to your Appointment Reminder Settings on a local system you also need to make these changes on your system on the server as this is where Activity Manager will run from. If you do not have direct access to this system (if it is just for your Express/Online Booking/Online Backup for example) you will need to send the support team a screenshot of your settings if you go to Tools > Options > Appointment Diary Options > Reminders so that they can copy the settings to the system on the server.
Please Note: The changes that you make to the Appointment Diary Options > Reminders section do not sync so if you sync with a system on our server that you do not have access to (like Online Booking or Express only) the Support Team will need to know the settings. You can send a screenshot over of this screen so that they can be replicated on the system on the server.
Section 4 - Requesting Activity Manager
If you do not currently have your activities sent out automatically and want Activity Manager to run on your system you will first need an email from the registered email address requesting that this be set up. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
You will need to quote your 55 registration number and answer the following questions:
- What is the email address that you want your emails to show that they are being sent from?
- What is the name that you want your emails to show that they are coming from? (This would usually be the clinic name)
- What time do you want Activity manager to run from? (This would usually be the opening hours of the clinic)
- Which PPS user would you like to be notified if an activity fails to send?
Once the support team get these details from you they can set up Activity Manager and will confirm when it is up and running.